preserve whitespaces in item description as they may serve a purpose. This will eventually be improved with a more sophisticated algo that only preverses whitespaces in non-pre-blocks closes #8
|7 months ago|
|lib||9 months ago|
|.gitignore||10 months ago|
|LICENSE||10 months ago|
|README.md||7 months ago|
|gcat||10 months ago|
|index.pl||8 months ago|
|orrg.pl||7 months ago|
|popular.pl||8 months ago|
|recent.pl||8 months ago|
|robots.txt||8 months ago|
orrg (online rss feed reader for gemini)
public instance: [gemini://orrg.clttr.info]
orrg is a cgi script for gemini servers. It delivers an easy way to consume atom or rss feeds shipped over http(s) within gemini.
Lists of popular and recently visited feeds as well as viewing a random feed help you discover new things.
- load an atom/rss feed from gemini or https (http is deliberately not supported!) given by user input
- render feed (channel info & entrys) as a gemini site
- include links to originating site and every article
- strip html tags from item description
- lists of popular and recently visited feeds
- random feed selector
gemini-protocol-support is currently implemented using gcat till popular perl libs have catched up. :)
orrg will never be a full-fletched feed aggregator with archiving and searching capabilities.
Given this restrictions is not suitable for high traffic feeds which are updated very often. But it should work quite well for slow paced feeds of blogs and so on.
- setup your geminiserver with cgi enabled
git clonethe repo to the directory
- open the capsule in a gemini client
- gemini server with cgi enabled (like gmnisrv or stargazer)
- Perl >= 5.28 with modules
- Python 3 for