You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
As of Git 2.23, this can be used to exclude commits in Git blame calculations. This is really helpful in excluding bulk change/reformatting commits that don't do anything to affect code functionality, but touch lots of files, and can make the commit history more difficult to follow. Per the official documentation [here](https://www.git-scm.com/docs/git-blame), you can take advantage of this manually like so: ``` git blame --ignore-revs-file .git-blame-ignore-revs foo.py ``` Additionally, you can set this up as a persistent repo-level configuration setting like so, if so desired: ``` git config blame.ignoreRevsFile .git-blame-ignore-revs ```
|9 months ago|
|gus||9 months ago|
|scripts||11 months ago|
|serve||9 months ago|
|tests/gus/lib||9 months ago|
|.git-blame-ignore-revs||9 months ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|LICENSE||1 year ago|
|README.md||9 months ago|
|logging.ini||9 months ago|
|poetry.lock||11 months ago|
|pyproject.toml||9 months ago|
Gemini Universal Search (GUS)
- Install python and poetry
- Run: "poetry install"
Making an initial index
Make sure you have some gemini URLs for testing which are nicely sandboxed to avoid indexing huge parts of the gemini space.
- Create a "seed-requests.txt" file with you test gemini URLs
- Run: "poetry run crawl -d"
- Run: "poetry run build_index -d"
Now you'll have created
index.new directory, rename it to
Running the frontend
- Run: "poetry run serve"
- Navigate your gemini client to: "gemini://localhost/"
Updating the index
- Run: "poetry run crawl"
- Run: "poetry run build_index"
- Restart frontend
Running test suite
Run: "poetry run python -m pytest"
Roadmap / TODOs
- TODO: improve crawl and build_index automation
- TODO: get crawl to run on a schedule with systemd
- TODO: add functionality to create a mock index
- TODO: exclude raw-text blocks from indexed content
- TODO: strip control characters from logged output like URLs
- TODO: fix bug in calulation of backlinks (iirc the bug is visible on gemini.circumlunar.space)
- TODO: refactor manual exclusion logic to be regex-based instead of prefix-based. we could get more nuanced with exclusion logic this way